Skip to main content

Indifference I: Its My Birthday

“Mistakes and regrets - those are memory made”

I tried to trace back how I come be so indifference about people and things around me. I was emotional, so sensible, and so fragile – but time and circumstances that came with it vanished those feelings. I remember one particular birthday when I was in grade 12 – 2007/04/27. There was a religious ceremony held to celebrate the day. I had invited my then close friends. They were 13 in total. Amazingly, none of those close friends even bothered to call me that day.
I still remember my flooded eyes and wet pillow of that night. I couldn’t go to the college next day because I had ache in my head and heart. I couldn’t face my close friends.
That hit me so hard that I didn’t wished anyone (not only those friends) on any occasions for almost four years since. “Fake” was the only word I always heard in my head whenever those friend’s name even came to my thoughts. I used to get irritated when I met people with names that resembled those friend’s name. I still don’t feel like wishing any of those friends in any of their happy moments.
“Every activity performed by anyone – everything that happens is already written. You don’t have a choice over them”, says Krishna to Arjuna in Bhagwat Geeta. “Everything happens for a reason” is another popular line from the same holy book. May be it was god’s way to teach me a lesson. Maybe I learned, maybe not. But I changed. And maybe it was for good. I got chance to go through these words after three years after the incident happen and it took me a year to accept it. However it doesn’t mean I forgive those friends. It doesn’t matter me anymore.
The event helped me reveal and understand many facts like:
  • I only existed when my friends wanted something for themselves.
  • The world is selfish. I can be selfish too. But I later discovered that I can be original as well.
  • Be true to self. That’s all you ever need in life.

This Quote from Mother Teresa, later inspired me to do good and be good.
People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.
Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten.
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

God loves people not because who they are but because who “God” is.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newton's Law of Bookkeeping

This is how science and accounting blend together. Newton’s Law of Motion III. “ For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. ” Double Entry Bookkeeping System: “ For every transaction that happens, there are two effects, one opposing the other, debit and credit. ” According to Newton, whenever objects A and B interact with each other, they exert forces upon each other. When you sit in your chair, your body exerts a downward force on the chair and the chair exerts an upward force on your body. There are two forces resulting from this interaction - a force on the chair and a force on your body. These two forces are called action and reaction forces and are the subject of Newton's third law of motion. ~ The Physics Classroom F­ A = F B The double entry bookkeeping system is the basis of all the transactions that takes place in the world. It is the very foundation of the accounting system which helps to run the business of the world

My Wish in My Rareview

Peope around the world have strange believes. Some are shocking and some very surprising. Some believe that worshipping will make it rain on the field suffering from drought. Some antient people believed that tsunami or hurrican or any natural disaster was the wrath of God due to some ill activities of human. People do believe, and as a universal law of attraction...... 'YOU RECEIVE WHAT YOU BELIEVE'. I had been to Shree Pashupatinath with a good friend of minethis morning. It was my first time with her to any holy place. I just feel so awesome when I go to Pashupatinath Temple. We had been there because its a favourite place of her as well. While we were worshipping around the tample, at a particular spot - she asked me to turn around and look up, towards the GAJUR.  The Gajur was visible throuh a small peek hole created by positioning of many structures within the temple. Only the Gajur was visible through the hole. It looked beautiful. 'Wow its wonderfu', I sa

Time Management Isn't Working Right!! Is it?

For ages we have been focusing on time, “Manage your time”, “Manage on time”, We have been working for 12-16 hours a day; just to get perfectly exhausted and find out we don’t have enough time for family and loved ones. Result: guilty feeling and dissatisfaction which takes toll on us physically, mentally, and emotionally, further leading to declining levels of engagement, increasing levels of distraction, high turnover rates, and soaring medical costs.   The way we are working isn’t working .   In the article “Manage Your Energy, Not Your Time”, Tony Schwartz and Catherine McCarthy propose a new perspective for managing self by managing energy that can be built and expanded rather than finite time. Managing energy will help to increase and regularly improve work capacity .  With their proven rituals, anyone can increase the level of productivity. In other words, do more at less time. However, to succeed, renewal efforts need solid support and commitment from senior management, begin